Tuesday, May 6, 2014

What Would You Rather?

After reading Stanislaw Lem’s Furturological Congress, I was left wondering how I would have wished to live my life if I were in a similar situation. If I lived in a desolated world that was overpopulated, overgrown and about to freeze, would I want to know?  The conclusion that I came to is “I’m not sure”.

            It totally depends on the extent of the problems, and the capacity for me to personally help them. If I were a leading mind in the society, I would absolutely wish to know so that I could work to help the situation. However, if I was just a normal citizen, I don’t know if I would want to witness the downfall of the earth and society as we currently know it. Unfortunately, I think that I would rather be oblivious and have my life be filled with hallucinogenic that would make me forget about the troubles of the world and focus on living in the utopian society that is filled with benevolence and had no dependence on money.

No comments:

Post a Comment